Our Guiding Principles
We adhere to the principles of the Indivisible Guide, namely nonviolent protest and active engagement with
our local elected officials to bring about progressive change and protect those who are unfairly targeted by
this administration. We encourage you to check out the Resources page for
great resources on protests, your rights, and tips for communicating with your Members of Congress.
Tips for Getting Started
- First, keep in mind that change will not happen overnight. This will require a sustained effort.
- Read the Indivisible Guide, if you haven't
- Find the names, addresses, email, phone, and fax numbers of your Members of Congress. Program them into your
phone. You can look them up by ZIP code here
- Make sure you are registered to vote! We have to back up our actions in the streets at the ballot box. Here's info on getting registered to vote in Ohio.
- Reach out to a local Indivisible group and ask how you can help out. There is a great amount of work to be
done, and many hands make light work.
- Remember that this is a marathon, not a sprint. Pace yourself. Even if you only take one action this week,
it's one more than you would have otherwise. It all adds up.